The weather held out for a great walk around Charles Dickens London.
- Temple Church in Middle Temple has two graves with effigies of the Templar Knight, William Marshall and his son. A great historical fiction book about who he was is: The Greatest Knight
- Historical Tudor crime fiction with a Lincoln’s Inn lawyer – C J Sansom – Mathew Shardlake series: Dissolution
- British prime ministers have to belong to Inns of Court before they can become prime minister and pass laws. David Cameron belongs to Middle Temple Inn, Tony Blair and Margaret Thatcher belong to Lincolns Inn.
- Shakespeare and his troupe acted in Twelfth Night at Middle Temple Hall.
- Charles Dickens was employed as a law clerk in Grays Inn. It was his first job on leaving school. There he wrote Pickwick Papers. Great Expectations, Edwin Drood, Barnaby Rudge, Martin Chuzzelwit, Oliver Twist and Bleak House were all books that had parts based on the areas of this walk.